- For use with AiM Taipan ECU, please check there to learn more.
- The bottom button is to change functions, and the top button cycles through the options for each function. Please read the User Manual tab above for full information.
Please also see the User Manual tab above for full in-depth instructions for every aspect of your Taipan!
How do you use the Handlebar Switch?
Connect to the ECU with the supplied cord as described in user manual. Mount the switch on the bars, route the wiring safely.
Use the bottom button to access each function, and use the top button to cycle through the options.
- For example, use the bottom button to select the blue MAP light. Then use the top button to change between Map 1, Map 2, etc as indicated by the red lights.
- For example, use the bottom button to select the blue H, M, L light for High/Mid/Low RPM range fuel correction. Then use the top button to add/take away fuel as indicated by the red lights.
- Note that the fuel trim step size is adjustable via the UC Bridge. For this example, suppose the step size is 3%. Then,
- 5 = +2 steps = +6%
- 4 = +1 step = +3%
- 3 = no correction
- 2 = -1 step = -3%
- 1 = -2 steps = -6%
MODIFIED ENGINES AND AFTERMARKET COMPONENTS: We strongly recommend that owners of highly modified engines (ported cylinder head, oversize valves, hi compression piston, etc.) A) invest in both the Advanced Handlebar Switch AND the UC Bridge user tuner, and B) get a special calibration by an experienced tuner. If you don’t have access to a tuner in your area, we also recommend using an AFR meter such as KOSO to verify and fine tune your mapping. We constantly testing products and setup so we may be able to help you out with some maps we’ve made for customers overs the years. Feel free to reach out with any questions, or if you'd like us to custom-tune your bike directly here in Salmon Arm BC!
This product might be at a location near you! Click to see full Dealer page.