Mountain riders rejoice! Upgraded external barometric (atmospheric pressure, ie: altitude / elevation) sensor for constant reading and recalibration of fuel tables for a perfect-running bike, whether you're at the bottom of your hill climb or at the top. For use with AiM Taipan ECU, please check there to learn more.
Without this, the AiM Taipan ECU (and every other ECU that we're aware of, including Vortex and stock) takes barometric readings only when some combination of these two things happen to be achieved: A) after starting the bike, and B) when idling without touching the throttle at all for at least 3 seconds. This means that if you start your bike at the bottom of a big hillclimb (or at the parking lot), by the time you're another thousand feet up, your bike is running noticeably worse, because the the bike hasn't adjusted to the fact that the air is thinner at higher elevations. The old band-aid fix was to get in the habit of every now and then turning your bike off and restarting it and letting it idle for 3 seconds without touching the throttle, but thanks to some clever firmware updates we were able to develop through collaboration directly with the AiM Taipan engineers, this external barometric sensor eliminates the problem altogether!
- For use with AiM Taipan ECU, please check there to learn more
- You will need to either A) own a User Bridge Cord, B) use one from someone who does, or C) send the ECU to us at C3 Powersports HQ in BC Canada. Please contact our ECU expert directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
- Note this is only compatible with C3 MOUNTAIN MAP tuned AiM Taipan ECUs (ie due to our custom configuration settings it can not be used with the AiM base maps)
- Please read the User Manual tab above for more information on using Taipan's accessory connections
- Not compatible with Vortex ECUs or stock ECUs
Please see the User Manual tab above for full in-depth instructions for every aspect of your Taipan!
MODIFIED ENGINES AND AFTERMARKET COMPONENTS: We strongly recommend that owners of highly modified engines (ported cylinder head, oversize valves, hi compression piston, etc.) A) invest in both the Advanced Handlebar Switch AND the UC Bridge user tuner, and B) get a special calibration by an experienced tuner. If you don’t have access to a tuner in your area, we also recommend using an AFR meter such as KOSO to verify and fine tune your mapping. We constantly testing products and setup so we may be able to help you out with some maps we’ve made for customers overs the years. Feel free to reach out with any questions, or if you'd like us to custom-tune your bike directly here in Salmon Arm BC!
This product might be at a location near you! Click to see full Dealer page.