When you ride hard (like we do!), sometimes those "ouch" moments are unavoidable... Injuries are never fun, and being deep in the backcountry can make it even more serious. We personally consider appropriate padding / armor an absolute must-have for snowbiking dirtbiking etc, and we recommend you do too - "Dress for the crash, not the ride!"
We've tried a handful of different styles and brands, and the Leatt lineup is our top pick across the board. When it comes to kneepads/shinpads, both the Dual Axis and 3.0 EXT provide a great balance of light and comfortable enough to wear under your suit and forget they're even there, yet robust enough and with excellent coverage so that they can take hits. Trust us, it's saved our Crash Test Dummies (I mean, staff members) over and over!
We carry the Dual Axis and 3.0 EXT models. The Dual Axis is our favourite, like a brace-kneepad combo that's one of (if not the) best coverage of anything in the industry (that we're aware of), but without sacrificing mobility. The 3.0 EXT is a more traditional minimalist style at a lower price point.
- Combination of hard shell and 3DF ventilated impact foam
- Tested and certified as impact protection "CE EN1621"
- 3D design ensures a comfortable, great fit, and good coverage of knee, shin, and sides, with the Dual Axis model also covering the lower thigh (amazing for possible handlebar hits)
- Specifically designed anatomically correct left and right sides
- Slim shin plate that also fits inside boots
- Vented plates for airflow
- Weight: only around 1-2lbs
- Works great with the Leatt 3DF Airfit Body Protector or Vest , and the Leatt 3DF Impact Short and Pant
|Leg circumference about 5" above the knee||13" - 16"||16" - 21"||21" - 23"|
|... below the knee||9” - 13”||13" - 17"||17” - 20"|
Note: Unfortunately, as clothing is not our core business focus, we do NOT have a program in place to offer free returns or exchanges. For all returns, you will assume responsibility of shipping the items back to us, and repackaging/restocking fees may apply as applicable. So, if you're unsure about sizing, you may wish to visit your local dealership instead so you can try them on. (Our full Return Policy can be found at the link at the bottom of the page.)
Note: We do our best to keep these in inventory and maintain what shows as "out of stock" on this page, but there may be errors. Leatt is usually reasonably quick at at filling backorders, but it can be anywhere around 1-6 weeks when all is said and done. Please ask me in the chat box if you need to know a specific part lead time before you order it.
This product might be at a location near you! Click to see full Dealer page.